9.09.2010

Really?

Has it really been almost 2 weeks since my last post? I can't believe it. Except that I can. I have 3 words for ya'll. Twenty credit hours. Nuff said. Anyway, I just thought I'd pass on a nugget of a conversation between the mr. and myself tonight;


Me (while saying our evening prayer): And please help us to sleep way better than last night....amen.

C: Amen. Weren't you the one who gave a lesson in Primary on prayer last week?

Me: Yeah, and I said "We thank Thee" first and "We ask Thee" last, that's how you're supposed to do it.

C: Yeah, but you say Thee and stuff to be formal and saying help us sleep WAY better than last night isn't formal.

Me: Oh, sorry.

C: Next time just say, "please let tonight rock".

Me: Will do.

I'm going to go to bed now and ponder my prayer language. Anybody else have fun prayers stories?


9 comments:

Markee said...

HAHA!!! Coll mister, he totally rocks!!

Anonymous said...

20 credits over here, too. and i just tried out for the muciscal... really? yes, i'm that dumb.

see you in.... 4 months or so when classes end?

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

oh this made my day... I have some pretty good stories about prayer language... but I wont bore you with those :)

The Pearce Family said...

Hahaha you two are seriously awesome :) I've fallen asleep a few too many times... :)

Rylee said...

once, when reece and i were both working for ancestry.com/genealogy.com in their call center, we knelt down to say prayers really late one night and it was reece's turn and instead of saying the expected "dear Heavenly Father" or something similar
he said, "thank you for calling genealogy.com" we both fell over laughing and could never get it together to say an actual prayer that night!

Kates said...

How about when the phone rings right before you are ready to say a prayer and you answer the phone, "Dear Heavenly Father."

Ginger said...

Ash - letting you know that I dedicated one of my blog posts to you... :)

kate said...

hilarious.

my brother used to make it a point to try and get us to giggle during a prayer {totally irreverant}. he always says that god must have a sense of humour, and enjoys a laugh now and then. ha.

good luck with that heavy load on your plate! yikes

ConnieB said...

lol i love it. I am pretty formal then some prayers where I'm really dealing with something it's like I'm talking to anyone else- I don't think He'll be offended.. i hope He's not (: