8.30.2010

Monday


I've always heard people talk about manic Mondays, or how much they hate Mondays and on and on. And sure, I've never really liked the feeling of an awesome weekend turing back into the mundane, but I've never despised Mondays like most people. Until today. This Monday. Right now.

Not even one thing went as planned after I left the house. Or before I left the house for that matter. Here's the basic outline:

wake up-good
be happy for C as he shows me good news on his website-good
morning tinkle-good
write blog post on Spoiled Eggs-good
phone call saying all plans for morning time shopping have changed-good
phone call a good thing because I remembered that I have a lab at 8:30-good
hurry and get ready, trying on everything but nothing looked good-and so it began
finally settling upon looking like a pioneer-getting worse
grab the key to my bike lock-good
can't find the key to the lock to the shed where my bike slept-bad
call C, he doesn't know where it is-bad
C suggests the scooter-good
find scooter key-good
find lots of change to feed meter-good
try to put bag in scooter seat, doesn't fit-bad
hold bag between my legs while going 40 mph-really bad
finally park, feed the meter, search for building I've never been to-kinda bad
find the building, walk 3 flights of stairs-bad but needed
find the classroom with a sign about my class starting today-excellent
sit down-fine
listen-fine
hear lots and lots of talk about physics-bad, very, very bad
remind myself that I'm actually not taking physics and I must be in the wrong classroom-bad
go look around-awkward
check my schedule and verify the room-i was right
go back to the physics talking room-more awkward
sit down and listen to more physics garble-extra awkward
look at my schedule one more time to make sure-humbling
find out my class is at 8:30 PM-mortified
attempt to secretly escape the room-terrifying
realize my shirt's untucked and I'm showing what my mamma gave me to everyone-perfect
get on the elevator, call C-good
hear his voice and try not to burst into tears-embarassing
get reassured by lover-boy and walk to the scooter-hot
hold my bag between my legs again-dumb
get home, come inside-finally
plop on the couch-currently
consider going back to bed and trying again-probably
drop a class that goes from 8:30-11:00 PM?-DEFINITELY

Me looking quite pioneer-ish.

I've only been awake for 2 hours. Hopefully the next 12 or so are a little better than the first 2. Happy Monday everyone. Hopefully. :)

9 comments:

Tyrell Berner said...

I LOVE your guts! That is totally and completely something I would do. The fact that you walked in and out so many times kills me!!! And I have also called Jake and burst into tears as soon as he answered.

P.S. Pioneer looks good on you!

Tami said...

Oh Ash, you crack me up. Sorry your week got a rough start! Hopefully it will only get better! What kind of crazy person would take a class 8:30-11:00PM, no wonder you were mixed up!

Alexa Mae said...

i LA LA LOVE you! you are so dang funny. and you do not look pioneer-ish. also, do you now see why mondays make me want to run over my foot with my own truck? they torture me.

Kates said...

ash the fact that i saw you today in your pink helmet riding the scootsie makes this post even better. i am laughing sooo hard. seriously good to see you today. for some reason the scooter and you really crack me up beyond measure. i am not making fun, just saying you are awesome!

Whitney Lee Slade said...

This is funny!

Tina said...

Mine was about that bad, but at least mine was a dream. Every few months I dream I go back to college and it's terrifying. Don't know what it means......anyone out there want to interpret?

Markee said...

I'm cracking up!!!! Fist of all you did not look like a pioneer!! The pioneers did not have scooters with pink helmets! You rock seriously man!! And your Monday couldn't have been that bad cuz you gotta see me!!!

Chantz H. Davis said...

Tuesday: Make grape juice for jelly - good.
Need a rest and read Ashlee's blog - halarious!!!

Kristi @ Lolly Jane said...

Okay Ashley I actually love that top... I have one similar to it in 3/4 sleeves! Aaaaaah!! ;)