8.05.2010

Pie Anyone?

There are many things that bring joy to my life. Things that make waking up in the morning seem exciting and dreamy. Things that make each day feel like Christmas. Things that complete me. On the list of joy-bringing, dreamy-morning, Chirstmas-day, completion is, of course (in no particular order);

C
ice cream
hearing the train running down the tracks
rain
C's pillow
Netflix

Yep. I said it. Netflix. Netflix completes me. We haven't had tv in over 2 years (thank the heavens) and thanks to Netflix, we may never have tv again. Because what's on tv that's not on Netflix? Garbage, trash, and filth. Sure there's garbage, trash and filth on Netflix, but you don't have to watch it, or accidentally catch a glimpse of it while channel surfing. It's like a little slice of pie each time I sign-in.

Speaking of pie, we're in love with Pushing Daisies right now. Let the record show, we have only watched the first 4 episodes and they have all been clean, and we are hereby NOT responsible for any of you watching beyond the 4th episode and finding it to be dirty, foul, or off-colored. Amen.

Anyway, this show. Uhhh! It's phenomenal. It has all the elements of a good series; humor, music, love, a random British narrator, and a really great plot. I encourage you all to go watch the first few episodes and more, but more at your own risk.

This show makes me want to be a better person. I want to be a better wife, and look like this
and bake like this

Sooo delicious! Anyway. You're welcome for giving you something to do this weekend, be it finding an adorable red dress like the one pictured above, making some delicious pies like the 12 billion pictured above, or sitting on your couch and watching a few episodes of Pushing Daisies.

P.S. Go check out my infertility blog. But you might need to take a nap first. It's a doozy.

6 comments:

Sopha said...

haha ok we have never have cable or a tv either. our computer is our hook up also. And we have had netflix for a couple of months and have also decided we wont need cable EVER. So nice not having to skip over filth thats always on tv.
*and Now that im home all day I always try to find something good on netflix so thank you for the new show to watch. Netflix actually suggested it-i guess i dont trust their judgement. But I will trust yours!

Tyrell Berner said...

Can I tell you something? I REALLY REALLY REALLY love that your blogging break is over. I love your blog...and you of course.

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

I loooooooooooooooove Pushing Daisies. Sigh. Swoon.

Chantz H. Davis said...

Pushing Daisies was Reece and my (wrong possesive grammar i'm sure) favorite show. Just as a warning, it got cancelled and so there's only one season, but we LOVED it. I wanted Chuck's whole wardrobe, she is so adorable. We just got rid of our cable...I'm thinking we need netflix now!
from Rylee :)

Markee said...

Go buy yourself a cute red dress this weekend and just buy a pie while your out, don't go through the trouble of making it;)

Melanie said...

I totally agree, Netflix is way better than TV. As far as Pushing Daisies goes I have to disagree. Scott and I made it through the first few episodes but it was just a little too on the weird and British side for me. Scott liked it though. I am glad that you are enjoying it even if it is a bit morbid :D